10th Anniversary of the Open Space Visitor Center
The City of Albuquerque Parks & Recreation Department and the OPEN SPACE VISITOR CENTER present
10th Anniversary Celebration of the Open Space Visitor Center (OSVC)
WHERE: Open Space Visitor Center | 6500 Coors Blvd NW at the end of Bosque Meadows Rd. between Montaño and Paseo del Norte. Be sustainable and please consider carpooling.
Celebrate 10 years of connection with live music throughout the day, a tour of the Piedras Marcadas Pueblo, food, art exhibits, and family-friendly activities that will engage all the senses and immerse you and your family in the history and value of this exceptional place. “The Open Space Visitor Center (OSVC) on Albuquerque’s west side is a premier facility that merges art, environmental education, and cultural resources interpretation in a truly unique way,” says Mayor Richard J. Berry. “The City of Albuquerque is proud to celebrate ten years of the Open Space Visitor Center, and we invite you to come enjoy a picnic on the patio, listen to live music, tour the Open Space gallery, see the new and improved exhibits, and celebrate the contributions the staff and volunteers of the Visitor Center have made over the past ten years,” Berry concludes.
Schedule of Activities:
- ON-GOING throughout the day: “Undercurrents” art exhibit in the Open Space Gallery and a photography exhibit by Bill Pentler in the lobby, family-friendly crafts and activities,Rattle-making workshop with local artist Greg Analla
- 9am-10am: Piedras Marcadas Pueblo Tour presented by Dr. Matthew Schmader (registration required. Call 897-8831 to register)
- 10am-Noon: Giant Puppets with Sunny Birklund and Friends Puppet Playhouse.
- 11am-Noon:Rattle-Making Workshop with Gregg and Xavier Analla
- 1:00pm: Artist talk and Gallery Tour with ArtNexusnm
Live Music on the patio—FREE:
Coro de Coronado (Latin Folklorico), 10am-11:00am
Pawn Drive (Americana), 12:00pm-1:30pm
Last Call (Jazz), 2:30pm-4:00pm
Tumbleweeds (Western), 6:00pm-8:00pm,with a pre-concert dance lesson from 5pm-6pm!
About the Open Space Visitor Center: The purpose of the Open Space Visitor Center is to convey and deepen the relationship between Albuquerque's Open Space program and the integrated community by providing an exceptional environment to enjoy, experience, and learn about land, wildlife, and cultural heritage. The Open Space Visitor Center is located at 6500 Coors Blvd. NW between Montaño Rd. and Paseo del Norte at the end of Bosque Meadows Rd. The Center is open Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and closed Mondays. Call 897-8831 for more information or visit www.cabq.gov/openspace.