Bike to Work Day
Be part of Bike to Work Day by pedaling to your work place.
Bicycling offers great exercise, cost savings, environmental benefits, and a great way to see Albuquerque. But mostly, biking is fun!
Visit these participating locations for free goodies on Bike to Work Day.
Free Bike Stuff
Free T-shirts and bike accessories at these stops:
From 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Friday, May 15
- Bosque Trail at Interstate 40 - Bosque Trail parking lot at the west end of Gabaldon Place NW
- Bear Canyon at Interstate 25 - Parking lot of Doc and Eddy’s on Brentwood Lane NE
- Downtown North end of Civic Plaza
- Heights - Erna Fergusson - Parking lot of the Erna Fergusson Library
- Journal & Los Ranchos - East side of the Rail Runner parking lot
- Uptown - Parking lot of Uptown Rapid Ride and Park & Ride
- Westside - Pueblo Bonita, southwest Montano and Winter Haven
- Intel - Middle of Intel complex near entrance
- Gateway Park - Gateway Park at the southeast intersection of corner of Bridge and Isleta boulevards
- Bosque Trail at Rio Bravo - Bosque Trail at Rio Bravo
- UNM North Campus - North Diversion Channel Trail at Tucker Avenue
Does Your Bike Work?
Go to your local bike shop or visit Esperanza Community Bike Shop.
ABQ Bike Maps
The City of Albuquerque has more than 400 miles of bike paths and trails.
More Bike Commuting Information
- 10 Reasons To Try Bicycle Commuting
- Bike & Ride the Bus
- Tips for Safe Bicycle Riding
- More Bicycling Resources
Learn more about The City of Albuquerque's Bike Share Program
List of Albuquerque Bicycle Shops
|Business Name||Business Address||Business Telephone Number|
|Bike Coop||120 Yale SE||505-265-5170|
|Bike Works||2839 Carlisle NE||505-884-0341|
|Bike World||3119 San Mateo NE||505-881-4233|
|Bike World||2112 Central SE||505-247-8033|
|Bikes Plus||6624 Caminito Coors NW|
|Bikesmith||901 Rio Grande NW
|Cycle Cave||5716 Menaul NE||505-884-6607|
|Esperanza Community Bike Shop||5600 Esperanza NW||505-224-6668|
|Fat Tire Cycles||421 Montano NE||505-345-9005|
|Fixed and Free||
114 Tulane SE
|Hawk's Tri-Cycle||10701 Corrales NW
|Northeast Cyclery||8305 Menaul NE||505-299-1210|
|Performance Bicycle||1431 Mercantile NE||505-765-2471|
|REI||1550 Mercantile NE||505-247-1191|
|Routes Rentals||404 San Felipe NW
|Sport Systems||6915 Montgomery NE||505-837-9400|
|Stevie's Happy Bikes||4685 Corrales Rd
|Trek Superstore||5000 Menaul NE Suite A||505-312-7243|
|Two Wheel Drive||1706 Central SE||505-243-8443|
|UNM Outdoor Shop||Johnson Recreation Center||505-277-8182|
Bosque Bio Park Bike-in (May 15th- 7:30-9am) Tingley Train Station
BioPark will be hosting an open house at the Tingley Train Station for cyclists, joggers, walkers, fishermen, bird watchers and everyone else who enjoys the Bosque. Sip on shade-grown coffee and have some breakfast (vegan and vegetarian options available) while learning more about the plants and animals that inhabit the Bosque ecosystem. BioPark staff will be there to talk about the endangered Rio Grande silvery minnow, birds of the Bosque including the waterfowl at Tingley Beach, invasive plants, insects and the Rio Grande watershed. Learn about the BioPark’s conservation programs and greening efforts and meet some live animals. Stop in on the way to work from the bike path or Tingley Drive.