Add to Calendar
Learn how you can help plants and animals around the world this Earth Day.
Visit the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden and Tingley Beach to learn how our actions matter when it comes to helping animals and plants.
Discovery stations and hands-on activities will be available at all facilities. Activities will also include keeper talks and special demonstrations.
Ride Your Bike
Ride your bike to Earth Day and receive $2 off admission!
At the Aquarium, enjoy a (Coral Reef, 10:30 a.m.), a Sea Turtles Q&A (Shark Tank, 1 p.m.) and a Shark Feeding and Q&A (Shark Tank, 2 p.m.). Touchpools and discovery stations will also be open from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
At the Botanic Garden, you can join the Children's Seed Festival in the Children's Fantasy Garden from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. On the Festival Green, visit conservation booths, enjoy live music and check out bee hotels. At Heritage Farm, see a Sheep Shearing Demo from 10 a.m. - noon.
At the Zoo, the seasonal Animal Encounters Show begins. Guests can see the show at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Zoo visitors can also look forward to many other activities:
- Seal and Sea Lions narrated feeding (10:30 a.m.)
- Elephant Q&A (Elephants, 11 a.m.)
- Monkey Q&A (Tropical America, 11 a.m.)
- Tasmanian Devil Q&A (Australia, 11:30 a.m.)
- Reptiles Q&A (Reptile House, 11:30 a.m.)
- Crocodile Q&A (Croc Viewing, noon)
- Rhinos Q&A (Africa Amphitheater, 12:30 p.m.)
- Training Q&A (Elephants, 1 p.m.)
- Primates Q&A (Africa Amphitheater, 1 p.m.)
- Hippos Feeding Q&A (Hippos, 2 p.m.)
- Polar Bear Feeding Q&A (Polar Bears, 1:30 p.m.)