Mayor Chávez broke ground on the new development at Unser Crossing.
On Thursday Mayor Chávez helped break ground for the Unser Crossing which will bring much needed shopping to the South West Mesa. The new site will include a CVS Pharmacy, Lowes Hardware Store, Defined Fitness and many other tenants including restaurants. The City of Albuquerque has approved $1.8 Million in infrastructure improvements for the surrounding area
This is the first major retail development of this type for this area. There are over 100,000 rooftops that will be serviced by this new addition to the South West Mesa.
Economic Benefits of the Development
- Increase the Economic Vitality of the Area
- Provides Immediate Construction Employment
- Future Job Creation Approximately 500-700 Permanent Jobs
- Achieve a more sustainable mix of land uses that include commercial and retail opportunities
- Approximately $60 Million Dollars In New Infrastructure Improvements
- Reduces Trip Mileage for retail services