Men's Fitness Magazine has ranked Albuquerque as the 3rd Fittest city in America.
For the last few years Albuquerque has been in the top 5 fittest cities in America and this year is no different Men’s Fitness Magazine has put us at number 3.
So what puts Albuquerque at the top, here are a few reasons Men’s Fitness gave.
- On any given day in Albuquerque, there's a 12 percent more than average probability of sunshine compared to other cities surveyed.
- Residents don't have far to go to get to their local parks: Albuquerque has 361 municipal parks, among the most of any city on a per capita basis, according to our exclusive survey of municipal park departments.
- Albuquerque's park acreage per capita is 278 percent higher than average and the 2nd highest in our survey. Research has found a connection between access to parks and green space and reduced obesity rates.
- Basketball courts are practically everywhere here, among the highest number per capita in our survey. There's a court here for every 4,353 residents; the national average is one court per 7,260 people.
- There are 46 percent more tennis courts per capita here than average among cities in our survey.