This year's Mayor's Charity Ball, “Galia in Australia,” will raise $200,000 for three local charities.
Mayor Martin J. Chávez is proud to announce that the 16th Annual Mayor's Charity Ball will be held on Saturday, July 11 at the Rio Grande Zoo, and will benefit three local charities:
- The CDD Autism Center at University of New Mexico
- The Albuquerque Family Advocacy Center
- The New Mexico BioPark Society
Mayor Chávez invites all Albuquerqueans to buy tickets to the Galia in Australia, to support the charities and have a Galia good time at the Zoo on July 11th! The down under theme for this year’s Ball is “Australia,” so guests are encouraged to dress up in Australian finery, or wear "down under" casual attire.
Here’s what the Galia evening has in store:
- 6 – 7 pm: Welcome Reception in the front area of the zoo. Music by didgeridoo/percussion players and dancing by Keshet Dance Company.
- 7 – 8 pm: Gala Dinner in the Park Area at the Zoo
- 7 – 8:30 pm: Martini tasting “billabong” in the Nature Center
- 8 – 8:30 pm: Live Auction with a grand prize trip to Australia being auctioned
- 8:30 on: Music and dancing with renowned Harpist Victor Espinola and his band
Tickets are $125 per person. Tables of 10 are available for $1,000, $1,200 and $1,300 depending on location.
For more information, call 311, or contact Marc Chavez for tickets or table purchase at 768-3045.