Construction Services Division
Construction Coordination Section
The Construction Coordination Section of the Department of Municipal Development is responsible for coordinating most activities conducted in the public right-of-way, including issuance of barricade and excavation permits, inspection of all barricaded sites, approval of parades and other special events conducted in City Streets, and distribution of Traffic bulletins to the local news media outlets.
- Right-of-Way Activities & Permits
- Traffic Reports
- Barricade Fees
- Construction Moratoriums
- CSD Maps & Inspector Boundaries
- Standard Traffic Control Plan Examples
Construction Management Section
The Construction Management Section provides construction administration and inspection services for many, but not all, City-funded capital improvement program (CIP) projects and on-call construction work orders including State- and Federally-Funded CIP projects.
The Survey Section's primary responsibilities include:
- Review and approval of major and minor subdivisions and street names as part of the City's Subdivision Process especially in support of platting actions through the Development Review Board (DRB),
- Maintaining the Albuquerque Geodetic Reference System (AGRS), the horizontal and vertical control network of monuments in the Albuquerque Metropolitan area.
Maps & Records Section (Record Drawings)
The primary functions of the Maps and Records Section is to maintain construction project records and map information in the City's Geographic Information System for infrastructure that is the responsibility of the Department of Municipal Development, such as storm drain lines, roads, traffic signals and some City facilities. Most inquiries are received from consulting engineers and contractors. The section also receives inquiries from other City Departments and outside agencies. For Record Drawings, please contact Vince Paul at (505) 768-2727.
NOTE: For WATER and SANITARY SEWER service lines please contact the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority (ABCWUA) Maps & Records at (505) 289-3242.