General Administrative Help
Administrative information for veterans living in Albuquerque.
Photo courtesy Defense Department.
General Information Links
- U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs
- New Mexico Department of Veterans' Services
- Federal Benefits for Veterans & Dependents & Survivors (2014 Edition)
- National Resource Directory
- VA Seamless Transition (OEF/OIF)
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Veterans Service Organizations Directory
- The Retired Enlisted Association
- Military Officers' Association of America
- Veterans must have their DD214, the form that proves discharge and separation from the military. If you need a review of your discharge status, (Use DD Form 293).
- If you do not have a Form DD214 or other discharge records, you can request military records online at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
- Veterans can also write to The National Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri 63132
- Veterans may need to request their DD214s be changed or corrected. (Use DD Form 149).
- Other forms needed for enrollment and eligibility for VA benefits:
- Veteran's birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Children's birth certificates
- Veteran's death certificate
- Military Transcripts
- Army http://aarts.army.mil
- Navy and Marines E-mail at: [email protected] or by calling toll free at (877) 253-7122
- Air Force http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp
- Coast Guard http://www.uscg.mil/hq/cgi/ve/official_transcript.asp