Translate Our Site

Filing Disability Claims

Information for veterans with service-connected disabilities.

Disability Compensation

Disability compensation is a monetary benefit paid to veterans who are disabled by an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service.

These disabilities must be service-connected and the veteran must have appropriate documentation proving that the disability is service-connected. To be eligible, the veterans' discharge or separation must be other than dishonorable.

Disability Claims

Disability claims may be filed through the following agencies and representatives.

VA Regional Office - Albuquerque
500 Gold SW, 87102, (800) 827-1000
View Website

New Mexico Department of Veteran' Services
500 Gold SW Albuquerque, 87103

VA Federal Benefits & New Mexico State Benefits,

Albuquerque - NM Dept. Veteran Services

5201 Eagle Rock Ave., NE, Ste. 2-A, Albuquerque, NM 87113

Albuquerque Disabled American Veteran's (DAV) Regional Office
500 Gold SW, Room 3508, Albuquerque, NM 87102, (505) 346-4864

Military Order of the Purple Heart
Federal Building, Room 3001, 500 Gold SW, 87102

American Veterans
500 Gold SW, 87102, (505) 346-4892

American Legion
500 Gold SW, 87102
L. Margaret Sanchez (505) 346-4878

Veterans of Foreign Wars
500 Gold SW, 87102
Fred Ortiz, Disability and Pension Service Officer, (505) 346-4881

Paralyzed Veterans of America
VA Regional Office, 500 Gold SW, PO Box 1105, 87103
Richard Martinez, National Service Officer, (505) 346-4896