There are several programs and agencies that assist veterans entering the civilian workforce.
Photo courtesy Defense Department.
- City of Albuquerque's Veterans Hiring Initiative
Veterans qualified for the City Department Jobs will be given an Interview
- Assistance and possible training for veterans seeking employment in the community.
John T. Redman
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation - Vets Success
Disabled veterans employment stipend and assistance.
- New Mexico Vocational Rehabilitation
Helping veterans with disabilities achieve a suitable employment outcome.
- USA Jobs – Veterans and disabled veterans preference.
Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government.
- New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions
- New Mexico State Personnel Office
- New Mexico Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (NMESGR)
- Helmets to Hardhats
Connects veterans to careers in construction.
- New Mexico Apprenticeship Program
Become proficient in a specific trade.
- Military Spouses' Career Network
- Recruit Military
- Free Job Corps Training for Young Veterans (20-24 Year-Olds)
DOL VETS is enrolling 300 Veterans ages 20-24 in new one-year, all-expense paid Demonstration Project with ETA's Job Corp that provides training, a credential or certificate, stipend, housing, meals, employment and post-employment support.
- America's Heroes at Work Instructions for employers to hire veterans "Hiring Toolkit."