Fall 2015 Running Start Program
Registration is now open for Fall 2015 Courses.
- View an overview list of Courses offered for Fall 2015
- View a detailed description of courses offered for Fall 2015
- To register for a Running Start for Careers class, follow CNM's 10 step process.
- To avoid fees, select "Dual Credit" as your application type.
- Once registered, you must add the CRN (Course Registration Number) found on the flyers associated with your chosen course, as found on the Courses Offered for Fall 2015
- If you encounter any problems:
- Call - (505) 244-3327, or
- Email - [email protected]
Fall 2015 Courses
- Construction (Carpentry Fundamentals)
- Film (Introduction to the Film Industry)
- Health care (Introduction to Health Care)
- Hotel and Tourism (Introduction to Tourism and Hotel Management)
- Finance (Financial Services Pathway)
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
Running Start for Careers is a coordinated public-private effort to decrease New Mexico's high school drop-out rate while creating and integrated system critical to our state's sustainable economic success.
Running Start for Careers programs utilize High school elective credits so that students who participate in the approved programs are able to graduate with their classmates while learning valuable skills in in-demand industries. Students who complete the program graduate with an industry certificate showing career development training or pre-apprenticeship that can be submitted to potential employers.
Classes are taught at either industry locations (association halls, union halls or other industry training facilities) or at other existing higher education facilities. Program industries, together with school administration, recruit, and select participants for their respective programs.
Running Start Programs
Running Start for Careers is currently offered in 13 Albuquerque high schools with construction, film healthcare and financial industry partners that include the Association of Builders and Contractors, UPublic, Nusenda Federal Credit Union, Presbyterian Healthcare Services, and TriCore Reference Laboratories.
Additional Industry partners and courses are targeted and will be made available. Our goal is to create a career exploration model that is scalable and that can be replicated statewide and nationwide to meet the needs students and industry in their local areas.
Running Start teams with ῡPUBLIC to provide film and new media education