Running Start: Surveying Special Topics
What's on your horizon? This course will introduce students to:
- The field of surveying and potential career paths and concepts, including land surveys, deeds, survey plats and land record research.
- The use of Geographic Information Systems software to manage and analyze data.
- Basic concepts of problem solving, mathematics and trigonometry with an emphasis on land survey, engineering applications and calculator use. (Students must provide a full-function scientific calculator with a ten-digit display).
- Students who successfully complete this course will earn three college credits for Introduction to Surveying Engineering, Math for Surveyors and Land Information Systems (SUR 1001, SUR 1002, GIS 1006).
- Title: SUR 1096 - Surveying Special Topics
- Time & Dates: Mondays and Wednesdays 10 a.m. – 12:15, May 27 – Aug. 3
- Where: CNM Advanced Technology Center
- Course Number: CRN 98346
About Running Start
What is Running Start for Careers?
It's a program designed to give students direct entry to industry–developed and industry–taught curriculum in career development areas during their critical high school years.