Enroll in MLT 1296 - Preparation for Medical Laboratory Sciences.
In this class you will spend time working side-by-side with laboratory professionals. Meet a prerequisite requirement for both the CNM Phlebotomy Certificate and Medical Laboratory Technician AAS Degree Programs.
- Learn about the medical laboratory, its purpose and function
- Gain an understanding of work done in the medical laboratory and why a science and math background is so important
- Medical laboratory professionals share details about their job such as, key responsibilities, required education, experience, challenges and opportunities
- Students learn methods of behavior and learning techniques aimed at empowering them to become more effective in school and in life. Development of self-confidence, interpersonal skills, and character building are explored as students investigate possible career options within the industry.
- Students spend time in the medical lab, participating in hands-on procedures and working alongside laboratory personnel
No books required, no prerequisites.
Students will be expected to provide updated vaccination records and complete a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Title: MLT 1296 – Preparation for Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Time & Dates: Fridays 3 p.m. – 5:20, May 23 – Aug. 8
- Where: CNM Main Campus, JS Building and TriCore Reference Laboratories, 1001 Woodward NE
- Course Number: CRN 98314
About Running Start
What is Running Start for Careers?
It's a program designed to give students direct entry to industry–developed and industry–taught curriculum in career development areas during their critical high school years.