Reward Offered: Information in I-40 Shooting
Anyone with information relating to this case is asked to call (505) 242-COPS.
Oct. 21, 2015
Mayor Richard Berry and the Albuquerque City Council are offering an additional $20,000 for the tip that leads to the arrest and conviction of the criminal responsible for the shooting death of four-year-old Lilly Garcia yesterday afternoon. Individuals are urged to call (505) 242-COPS with any information.
"The Garcia family is in the thoughts and prayers of our community and our nation. The senseless murder of four year old Lilly Garcia has broken our hearts and cut to the core of our community," said Mayor Berry. "Make no mistake; this act of violence will not go unanswered. The Albuquerque Police Department will work tirelessly with other law enforcement agencies to bring this criminal to justice."
So far, this is the information we have:
- The shooter was in a dark red or maroon Toyota 4 door sedan, possibly a newer model (2014 or 2015) Corolla or Camry
- The vehicle is described a "sportier" model with a spoiler on the trunk and dark tinted windows
- A gray UNM plate with a UNM Lobo logo was on the left hand side and may contain the digits "200"
- The person who engaged the girl’s father in a road rage incident and then fired shots is a white male with a dark complexion, possibly Hispanic.
- He is in his mid-20s to early 30s and has short dark hair, possibly in a fade haircut.
- He has a thin manicured goatee around his mouth, a thin face, soft jaw, and average build
- He was wearing a black shirt with gold or yellow writing on it.