2016 Civic Plaza Presents
- View additional information about Civic Plaza Presents events.
- View the Albuquerque Civic Plaza Facebook page.
- Telephone: (505) 768-4575. or (505) 768-3818
- Email: [email protected].
About Civic Plaza Presents
All Civic Plaza Presents events are family friendly, dog friendly, and bike friendly.
Civic Plaza is in close proximity to the Downtown Rail Runner station.
A BICI bike share station is located across the street at the Convention Center front doors.
In case of inclement weather, the events may be cancelled.
Civic Plaza Presents events are produced by the Albuquerque Convention Center with ongoing support DowntownABQ MainStreet Initiative.
Civic Plaza Presents starts off its summer season Friday, May 13, with ABQ Food Friday and Movies on the Plaza, a series of weekly events that will run through the entire summer season.
The Creative 505 festival takes place Saturday, May 20.
These family-friendly community events are free and open to everyone.
ABQ Food Fridays
ABQ Food Fridays is a weekly, open-air pop-up happy hour from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Fridays
Food & Drink
Fine craft beer from many of the city's breweries and wine will be served. Restaurants that have signed on for ABQ Food Fridays include Pasión Latin Fusion Restaurant, Farm & Table, Slate Street Café, Savoy, Tucanos, and M'Tucci's Italian Kitchen, among many others.
Chefs operate inside the Silver Spoon - a top-of-the-line mobile kitchen in beautiful, newly renovated Airstream trailer.
All entrees will have a fixed price point of $10 or less.
Live Music & More
Each ABQ Food Friday also features live entertainment from a different local band. Scheduled bands include Alex Maryol and his band, the Cali Shaw Band, The Green Billies, Sol de la Noche, Merican Slang, and others.
There is no cover charge and it is family-friendly so all are welcome to come and enjoy the music and fun atmosphere on Civic Plaza.
Movies on the Plaza
Movies on the Plaza is an open-air series of family friendly movies on Civic Plaza that start May 13 and continuing every week through the end of September. The 2016 line-up features varied programming including recent titles like "Zootopia" and "Inside Out" along with best loved favorites like "The Princess Bride," "Goonies," and "Grease."
All the movies are free and open to all residents of the city.
Movies on the Plaza features one of the largest outdoors screens in Albuquerque. Movies start at dusk right after sunset and the conclusion of the live music from ABQ Foods Fridays where moviegoers can have dinner prior to show time.
Some seating is available but moviegoers can bring their own portable seats, blankets, and lawn chairs.
Movies on the Plaza kicks-off the season with "Labyrinth," the beloved fantasy classic staring David Bowie. Movies on the Plaza takes place on Fridays and on some Wednesdays.
The Creative 505 festival takes place on Saturday, May 21 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. It is an arts focused festival with arts & crafts vendors, exhibitors, live music, local craft beer, interactive exhibits, strolling entertainment and food trucks.
The full evening of music features The Real Matt Jones, Sol de la Noche, Jade Masque and Lone Piñon. Creative 505 also has plenty of child-friendly elements including face painting, chalk art, free jumpers and other activities for kids.
Everyone is invited to bring family and friends and converge on Civic Plaza for this fun and casual community event.
The next Civic Plaza Presents festivals after Creative 505 will be the ABQ Kids Rock Fest on July 30 and Downtown Winterfest on Nov. 26.
Civic Plaza Presents Movies on the Plaza Summer Series:
- May 13 (Friday) - "Labyrinth (In tribute to David Bowie)"
- May 20 (Friday) - "Inside Out"
- May 27 (Friday) - "The Jungle Book (1968)"
- June 3 (Friday) - "Grease (special "Sing-along" presentation)"
- June 15 (Wednesday) - "Guardians of the Galaxy"
- June 22 (Wednesday) - "Back to the Future"
- June 29 (Wednesday) - "The NeverEnding Story"
- July 8 (Friday) - "Goonies"
- July 13 (Wednesday) - "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"
- July 22 (Friday) - "Zootopia"
- July 29 (Friday) - "The Avengers"
- Aug. 5 (Friday) - "Big Hero 6"
- Aug. 12 (Friday) - "Selena"
- Aug. 19 (Friday) - "The Sandlot"
- Aug. 26 (Friday) - "Beetlejuice"
- Sept. 2 (Friday) - "Smoke Signals"
- Sept. 9 (Friday) - "Frozen"
- Sept. 16 (Friday) - "The Princess Bride"
- Sept. 23 (Friday) - "Aladdin"
- Sept. 30 (Friday) - "A League of Their Own"