Information about summer and seasonal positions at the City.
Working seasonally is a great way to earn some money for the summer, get involved with your community, and have some fun! The City is currently recruiting applicants for summer positions. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
Salaries range from $8.50 to $11 an hour, depending on position and applicant's qualifications.
Our Summer Positions
|Community Centers||(505) 767-5800|
|Therapeutic Program||(505) 764-1525|
You can apply online.
Make sure you complete the online application in it its entirety.
- You will be asked a few questions to help us determine what you are interested in.
- Job mentors ages 14 – 15 will be required to provide a work permit if selected for a position. Work permits are available at the State Department of Labor or from a School Councilor.
After all applications are reviewed hiring supervisors will contact you by phone to set up an interview.
Applications will remain active from December through November. Every November all applications will be archived and no longer considered.
If you are under 18 you will be required to have your parent/guardian sign a consent form.
If you receive an interview the hiring supervisor will notify you whether you have or have not been selected for a position. If selected, you will be advised on how to proceed with the pre-employment requirements for the position.
Pre-employment requirements consist of a background check, drug test. TB test and/ or a physical depending on the position.
You will be required to complete the following forms if selected for a position:
- US Department of Justice I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- IRS Form W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate)
- Seasonal Employee Agreement Form
- Temporary Employment Agreement Form
- PERA Exclusion Form
- Medical & Occupational History Form
- Employee Emergency Contact Data Form
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Self-Identification Form
- Proof of Selective Service Registration: Males ages 18-26; Forms available at the US Post Office or Register On-Line
Some positions will require: