Volunteer Auction Coordinator
Special Spaces Albuquerque is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that creates dream bedrooms for children suffering with life threatening illnesses. Special Spaces evolved on the precedent that children facing this journey need a special space for them to heal, recover and find peace while their medical needs are being addressed.
We are currently seeking a volunteer Auction Coordinator for the upcoming 1st Annual Albuquerque Matanza and Chile Cookoff that will be held on November 9 and November 10th at Balloon Fiesta Park. This is a part-time and flexible position. The ideal candidate will be located in the Albuquerque Metro Area and will be able to dedicate 8-10 hours a week through the event on November 9th.
This is a great position for someone interested in gaining experience in event planning or fundraising.
- Solicit Silent Auction items
- Manage Silent Auction organization
- As items come in, track each one on a spreadsheet
- Create gift certificates as needed
- Create packages from auction items that might sell well together
- Create a display sheet and bid sheet for each item
- Create floor plan for auction -- determine location of auction categories
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Strong organization skills
- Experience in event planning or fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
For more information on our organization please click here.