*Provide a temporary home for animals in need through the City of Albuquerque's Animal Welfare Department.
AWD Program Manager
Animal Welfare Department
- Provide a safe environment to foster dogs and cats who require temporary care and attention beyond the care provided in the shelter.
- Animals needing foster care include those recovering from surgery, animals recovering from medical issues, kitten and puppy litters with and without mothers, animals with behavior issues.
- Medicine and medical supplies are provided by the Animal Welfare Department.
- Must be 18 years of age (16 years of age with consent of guardian) and have no history of animal or domestic abuse.
- Knowledge of animal care and behavior and the ability to provide a safe environment for foster animals.
Days / Hours
Hours and days vary.
Time commitment varies.
Training Provided / Required
Foster orientation class. Mentoring will be provided.