There are nosecrets to a successful retirement, it is the result of your preparation today.
The City is a member of Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA). Employee participation is mandatory for those who qualify.
The City contributes the requisite employer contribution in addition to 75 percent of the employee's contribution. The factor of salary varies according to which PERA plan the member is enrolled. Vesting occurs with five years of credited service.
- PERA Retirement Information
- PERA Application for Pension
- PERA Retirement Kit
- PERA Disability Retirement Kit
- Service Credit Workbook
- Purchasing Military Service Credit for Retirement
Employees may be eligible to retire early by using their sick leave and vacation just prior to their PERA retirement date. Contact the Insurance and Benefits Office for additional information.
Retirement Seminar Information
Every other month the Insurance & Benefits Division of Human Resources holds a half-day Retirement Seminar for employees considering retirement within the next three years. Presenters include representatives from:
- Social Security Administration
- NM Retiree Health Care Authority
- Retired Public Employees of New Mexico
- Deferred Compensation ICMA
- Deferred Compensation Nationwide
- Deferred Compensation Valic
- Retirement Seminar Calendar 2014
- Retirement Seminar Calendar 2015
Insurance & Benefits Division
Office (505) 768-3758
Fax (505) 768-3760