Online Wellness Resources
Information about Online Wellness Resources.
There are many organizations with helpful information online. Please review the following for what best fits your needs.
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans - Lisa Gatan, Health and Wellness Coordinator, interviews Kristen Crosby, Wellness Coach, and Jennie McCary, Senior Clinic Project Coordinator, about dietary guidelines
- 2014 GOV TV Changing Health Behaviors - Lisa Gatan interviews Psychologist Dr. Diane Dekker about how to change health behaviors. They discuss a proven process to increase physical activity, eat nutritious food, lose weight, and quit smoking (29 minute program).
- 2014 GOV TV Fruit and Vegetable Intake - Lisa Gatan interviews Dietitian Jennie McCary and Wellness Intern Kelsey Bullard from The Solutions Group, a division of Presbyterian Healthcare Services, about the importance of consuming ample vegetables and fruit each day (28 minute program).
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Overweight and Obesity
- Depression Resources
- Fruits and Veggies – More Matters
- LET’S MOVE!
- People Living Through Cancer
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- The Weight of the Nation-Confronting America’s Obesity Epidemic