Customers may access the Internet and numerous software programs at FCS computer labs at community centers located around the city. While the Internet offers many positive, rewarding and informative experiences, it also poses some risks. The FCS Computer Labs support the right and responsibility of parents to determine and monitor their own children's use of Internet access. Adults accompanying children are encouraged to read "Child Safety on the Information Highway".
- Customers using the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection are solely responsible for what they access on the Internet. The City of Albuquerque does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of documents or information found on the Internet.
- There is no guarantee of privacy while using the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection. Staff and other customers may view what is on any computer screen.
- Downloading music or movies of any kind is prohibited through the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection.
- Access to "Chatrooms" and "Instant Messaging" is prohibited through the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection.
- Accessing pornographic or obscene materials is prohibited through the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection.
- Access to personal e-mail accounts is prohibited through the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection.
- Operating a business from the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection is prohibited.
- Customers must comply with applicable copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- All existing laws and City policies apply to conduct when accessing the Internet on City-owned connections. Unauthorized access to the FCS Computer Labs computers, databases, network, hardware or software settings is prohibited. Damage to computer resources also is prohibited.
- The FCS Computer Labs and the City of Albuquerque shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with use of the FCS Computer Labs Internet connection.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in loss of Computer Lab and/or Community Center privileges in addition to any appropriate legal action including criminal prosecution.
This policy was formulated with the cooperation of the City Attorney's Office.
For further information, please contact:
Eddie Andujo - 505-767-5859