Information about Summer Playground registration sites and dates
The Playground Recreation Program offers summer recreation programs for children 6 through 11 years old at various elementary schools during the summer months. These programs provide planned, organized and supervised activities designed to meet the recreational needs of children that attend.
2015 Summer Program
Details for the 2015 summer playgrounds program will be posted here in April. Please check back at that time. You may also call 767-5885 for general information.
The Playground Recreation summer program usually runs 7 to 8 weeks during the summer months. Starting and ending dates vary from each school site depending on the school availability. Registration for the Summer Programs is held at each Playground Program Summer site and each site participant limit will vary from site to site. The registration is held on a first come first serve basis. If you are not able to register on the first day of registration, you will still be allowed to register your child in the program at any time during the regular program hours, provided there is still space available for additional participants. Once a site registration is full, a waiting list will be kept and maintained. Parents will be notified as space becomes available. A completed registration form is required for all children that attend the program. For safety reasons, if we do not have a registration form, the child will not be allowed to attend this program.
Registration for the 2015 summer Playgrounds occur at each school site in the cafeteria or gymnasium. Please check back in April for the list of sites, dates of registration, dates for each program and program run times.
You may also contact us at 767-5885 if you need more information.
Summer Program Hours and Fees
- Regular Summer Recreation program hours are from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Extended Summer Recreation program hours are from 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
This Program is not free, please see the tables below for more information. There is also a registration fee for all registered participants.
Number of Children
|Summer Registration Fee||Regular Summer Recreation
(9:00am - 3:00pm)
Extended Summer Recreation
(7:00am - 6:00pm)
|3 or more||$20.00||$22.00/week||$39.00/week|
Summer School Programs - Before and/or After School Hours and Fees
The pricing noted below is for schools that are operating as a summer school. The Before School Recreation Program Hours are from 7:00am until the time school starts Monday through Friday. The After School Recreation Program Hours are immediately after school until 6:00pm Monday through Friday. This Program is not free, please see table below for weekly fees.
Number of Children
Summer School Program
Before & After School
(am & pm)
|3 or more||$20.00||$39.00/week||$22.00/week|
- Income eligible rates do not apply during the summer.
- Registration fee must be paid at time of registration.
- Program fees for the entire summer can be paid in advance at the time of registration. Fees which are not paid in advance must be paid on a weekly basis, by check or money order.
- If the weekly fee is not paid by the end of the week, your child will be discharged from the program.
- If your child is dropped off before 9am or picked up after 3pm, and is not registered for the extended program, you will be charged the extended fee for the week.
- If a child is left in our care after 6pm (closing time), the parents and/or legal guardians will be charged a $15 late fee for each 30 minutes after 6pm. The late charge must be paid at the time the child is being picked up from the program.
- If your child is not picked up from the program by 7pm and a parent, legal guardian or anyone else on the registration form cannot be reached, we will contact the Albuquerque Police Department and they will transport the child to All Faith’s Home.