Barelas Community Center
The Barelas Community Center is one of the oldest Community Centers in Albuquerque. It was built in 1941-42, in Pueblo Revival style, for the National Youth Administration, by youth receiving "on-the-job training." The Center has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room and computer lab.
- Regular Hours: M-Th, 7:30 am- 7 pm; Friday, 7:30 am - 6 pm
- Youth Summer Recreation Program: M-F, 7:30 am- 5:30 pm.
- Weight Room: M-Th, 7:30am-7pm; Friday, 7:30am-6pm; You must be 18 years of age or older, and have signed a waiver form to work out.
- Zumba Class: Mon/Wed/Fri, 12:00 pm. Call 505-296-1070 for more information
- Computer Lab: CLOSED at present.
- Mexican Folklorico Dance Class: Tues/Thurs, 5pm to 645pm.
Melissa Peters, Community Recreation Center Supervisor ([email protected])
Leo Ural, Community Recreation Activities Coordinator ([email protected])