Barelas Community Center
- Regular Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.; Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- After School Program: Monday - Friday, 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.
(Please call for more information about our Before and After School programs)
Location & Contact Info
Map: Barelas Community Center
The Barelas Community Center is one of the oldest Community Centers in Albuquerque. It was built in 1941-42, in Pueblo Revival style, for the National Youth Administration, by youth receiving "on-the-job training."
The Center has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room and computer lab.
Computer Lab Hours
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday Resume help is provided 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Instructor: Sally Lopez
- Tuesday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Please call Sally for more information at 505-848-1343
- Instructor: Stephanie Martinez
- Tuesday 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- *Bring own supplies
- Contact Stephanie Martinez for More Information at 505-331-9348
ZUMBA Dance Class
- Instructor: Vener Mustafin
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Instructor Charging: Drop in $5; 4-Class Pass: $18; 8-Class Pass: $34; Monthly Pass
- Contact Instructor for more information: 505-296-1070
Aztec Dance Class
- Instructor: Jorge Garcia
- Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- FREE Open to the public.
Open Gym Hours
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.; 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.; 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- *Monday-Friday: 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. gym not available due to after school program
- You must be 18 years of age or older, and have signed a waiver form to work out
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.