Barelas Community Center
The Barelas Community Center is one of the oldest Community Centers in Albuquerque. It was built in 1941-42, in Pueblo Revival style, for the National Youth Administration, by youth receiving "on-the-job training." The Center has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room and computer lab.
- Regular Hours: M-Th, 7:00 am-7 pm; Friday, 7:30 am-6 pm
- Before School Program: M-F, 7am-8:30am. Limit is 30. Transportation provided to Dolores Gonzales and Coronado Elementary.
- After School Program: M-F, 2:30pm-6pm. Limit is 100. Transportation is provided from Dolores Gonzales and Coronado Elementary. Games and activities, arts and crafts, field trips, homework help.
- Snack Program for participants 1-17yrs.: M-F, 3-3:15pm.
- Open Gym: M-F, 12:30pm-2pm.
- Weight Room: M-Th, 7am-7pm; Friday, 7am-6pm; You must be 18 years of age or older, and have signed a waiver form to work out.
- Open Game Room: 9am-2pm.
- Women's Ceramic Club: M-F, 8am-12 noon.
- Zumba Class: Mon/Wed, 5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. $3.00 per class.
- Computer Lab: CLOSED at present.
- Mexican Folklorico Dance Class: Tues/Thurs, 5pm to 645pm. Open to 18 years and above interested in learning this traditional dance form.
- CPR Instruction: By appointment/registration only. Call for more information.
- Barelas Neighborhood Association: Last Wednesday of each month, 6pm-7pm. Please refer to http://www.barelas.net/index.html for more information on how to get their agenda.
- Barelas Community Coalition: Second Wednesday of each month, 6pm-7pm. Please refer to http://www.barelas.net/index.html for more information on how to get their agenda.
Melissa Peters, Community Recreation Center Supervisor ([email protected])
Leo Ural, Community Recreation Activities Coordinator ([email protected])