Vehicles Exempt from Emission Testing
List of vehicles exempt from emission testing.
The following vehicles are exempt from emission testing:
- All New Motor Vehicles - for four years following initial registration from the date of the manufacturer's certificate of origin (MCO).
- Vehicles manufactured before 1982.
- Dedicated electric vehicles.
- Diesel vehicles.
- Vehicles that are fueled by a mixture of gasoline and oil for purposes of lubrication;
- Motor vehicles that are used for legally sanctioned competition and not operated on public streets and highways;
- Implements of husbandry, or road machinery not regularly operated on public streets and highways;
- Other vehicles that are not regularly operated on public streets and highways after providing satisfactory proof to the program manager;
- Vehicles leased by a leasing company whose place of business is Bernalillo county to a person who resides outside of Bernalillo County; however, an exemption shall not be granted if the person resides in an area, that EPA-required vehicle inspection program;
- Vehicles sold between licensed dealers;
- Vehicles with a GVW of 10,001 lbs or more; and
- Existing electric hybrid vehicles which were exempted from