Albuquerque Green Filming
The Albuquerque Film Office encourages environmentally sensitive film and television production, including the use of green materials and environmentally sensitive production materials and techniques.
Make your production earth-friendly. Listed are Resources for making your New Mexico production Green.
Top 10 Reasons to Recycle
- American companies rely on recycling programs to provide raw materials to make new products.
- Recycling in the United States is a $236 billion a year industry that employs 1.1 million workers.
- The average American discards 7.5 pounds of garbage every day, most of which goes into landfills.
- Recycling requires far less energy, uses fewer natural resources and keeps waste from piling up in landfills.
- Recycling offers significant energy savings over manufacturing with virgin materials.
- Recycling preserves existing landfill space.
- Recycling reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which cuts down on global warming.
- Making goods from recycled material generates less water pollution than manufacturing virgin materials.
- Using recycled materials reduces the need to damage forests, wetlands, rivers and other places important to wildlife.
- Recycling and buying recycled products create demand for more recycled products, which helps the economy.
Source: National Recycling Coalition
To coordinate recycling efforts, please contact us.
The City of Albuquerque Solid Waste Management Department is committed to helping maintain a healthy environment for Albuquerque's current and future generations.
Recycling helps keep disposal costs down while preserving natural resources and protecting the air, soil, and groundwater.
Production companies can utilize City of Albuquerque "green" recycling containers (95-gallon capacity) by contacting the Albuquerque Film Office.
Productions may recycle the following materials: newspaper, magazines, miscellaneous paper products, tin, aerosol cans, aluminum cans, and plastic bottles.
Information about film industry carbon credits.