Information about businesses registration in Albuquerque.
Business Registration Contact
- Telephone - (505) 768-3398
- Contact us
A business located outside of the city limits is still subject to the business registration fee if that business performs services or solicits business within the City limits of Albuquerque.
Register your business before you begin operation to avoid a $10 late-payment penalty.
The City obtains information concerning new businesses from several sources to verify that all City businesses do in fact register with the City's Treasury Division.
Registration Data & Public Information
Note: Except for the state tax number, registration data provided to the City is public information and published on the City of Albuquerque website.
This includes you home address and telephone number if they are used for businesses purposes.
Business Registration: Instructions & Forms
To register your business, read step-by-step instructions and download application forms.
Registration Receipt Follow-Up
Your business registration receipt will usually be mailed to you within two (2) weeks. Please do not call about your registration within the first two weeks. You will be notified promptly by mail if your application is incomplete, not approved or not paid in full.
Annual Renewal of Business Registration
Invoices will be sent out on the anniversary date of each business for renewal for the next business year. Payment must be received by the due date.
Change a Business Address
To change your business address, please provide the following:
- A newly completed Business Registration Application
- A Facility ID number, located in the middle of the permit and at the top of the invoice. Check the box labeled "CHECK HERE IF THIS APPLICATION IS FOR A CHANGE OF ADDRESS," located at top of application.
Two options for submitting the newly completed application:
- Mail - Send the application to:
City of Albuquerque Treasury Division, Business Registration
PO Box 17, Albuquerque, NM 87103.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
- In-person delivery - Bring the application to:
Plaza Del Sol
600 2nd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Approved mailed-in applications are returned to you via Postal Service.
Change of address requires approval from the Zoning Division and other City offices.
Complete a business registration application in one day:
- Bring a completed application from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to Plaza del Sol, 600 2nd NW.
- Application must be approved by Zoning and Fire Marshall offices.
- Present approved application to Treasury counter, along with $35 fee.
Mail-In Application Registration
Business Registration receipt is usually mailed within three to four weeks after receiving application.
Do not call about registration within the first four weeks after submission.
Applicants of incomplete submissions will be notified by mail.
Close a Registered Business
There are two options to close a registered business with the City of Albuquerque:
- Submit a completed Business Registration Closure Form, or
- Call 311.
Please include the following information:
- Business owner's name
- Business name, address, Facility ID Number -- located in center of permit and on top of invoice -- and Tax ID Number.
- Date of business closure
Outstanding invoices for business registration, health permits, or related matters must be paid before the City can close a business.