Register Your Business
Business Registration Help
Need help registering your business with the City of Albuquerque? We can help.
Follow these steps to register your business with the City of Albuquerque.
Obtain a New Mexico State Gross Receipts Tax Identification Number.
To obtain a Tax Identification Number, contact:
New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department
5301 Central NE
Albuquerque, NM 87108 - View map
Contact the City of Albuquerque's Environmental Health Department if any of the following apply to your business:
- Involves handling, preparing, or serving food
- Has a swimming Pool
- Is a liquor store, bar, lounge, or convenience store selling liquor
- Involves the emission of regulated air pollutants -- including such examples as gas stations; dry cleaners; paint and body shops; emergency generators; boilers or other combustion equipment; or activities which generate significant dust and other particulates such as real property development and aggregate handling.
If you are uncertain whether your activity requires an air quality permit, please contact the City of Albuquerque Environmental Health Department's Small Business Assistance Program at (505) 768-1972.
They can help you determine whether your business needs an air quality permit before beginning certain activities
The Environmental Health Department will inform you if City Health Ordinances apply to your business. They also will issue the clearance forms and determine inspection fees.
Contact the City Treasury Division if your business involves any of the following:
- Lodging (hotel, model operations)
- Professional fund raising
- Business solicitations at private residences or on public streets or sidewalks
Submit a Business Registration Application, along with a check for $35 made payable to the "City of Albuquerque." Also include any Environmental Health clearance forms that were issued for your business.
Download the Official Business Registration Application: