Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Location: 1 Civic Plaza, 8th floor, Albuquerque, 87102
City of Albuquerque Accounting is responsible for the City’s Financial Reporting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Special Assessments and Fixed Asset Accounting.
What We Do
- Provide the core financial infrastructure for City government and provide financial information and technical assistance to City departments, administration, City Council, grantor agencies, and the public as required.
- Conduct regular user group meetings for financial, payroll and accounts receivable systems. We also work closely with Information Systems to develop and implement accounting system improvements.
- Verify, research, and pay vendor invoices while working closely with the vendor community and City departments.
- Process payroll payments for approximately 7000 employees. We also maintain records, make payments, and maintain reports (such as W2’s and W4’s) for state and federal governments, PERA, garnishments, child support, and employee benefits.
- Record and track payments due to the City, including everything from Joint Powers Agreements to Special Assessment District billings.
- Maintain data on Special Assessment Districts, file Claim of Liens, update ownership changes, track payments, set up payment programs on delinquent accounts, and provide documentation for foreclosures. Additionally, we do title searches for Title Companies and Developers at a fee to cover direct cost.
- Maintain the City’s general ledger system for an accurate capture of financial data by posting all transactions, reconciling accounts, researching problems, working with departments, etc. We maintain the City’s fixed assets records and prepare a variety of reports for various governmental entities, including the .
We dedicate our entire efforts to providing and maintaining the highest quality accounting services. Through outstanding employee performance, we shall continue to be a superior support and direct service division.
Our Responsibility to the Taxpayer
Our taxpayers are entitled to effective use of their tax dollars. As taxpayers ourselves, we will strive for operational efficiency and effective cost control.
Our Responsibility to Customers
We recognize that our customers must have confidence in our services. To sustain this confidence, we shall provide services of superior quality through continued development, improvement, and enhancement.
Our Responsibility to Employees
We believe the success of our division depends upon our people. It is our responsibility to develop employees’ understanding and attitudes which will assure our division’s continued excellence by allowing and encouraging individuals to develop their own potential and pride in their work, all employees are given the opportunity to contribute to our division’s success with recognition for their contributions and achievements. We shall strive to provide the finest working conditions for all our employees.
Dinah Varela, Sr Administrative Assistant - (505) 768-3507
Fax - (505) 768-2264
Main - (505) 768-3441, Fax - (505) 768-3493
Jannan Stewart, Payroll Supervisor - (505) 768-3415
Special Assessments (SAD):
Veronica Barela - (505) 768-3228, Fax - (505) 768-2264
Jesse Muniz, Associate Controller - (505) 768-3426
Angel Gonzalez - (505) 768-3437, Fax - (505) 768-3476
Linda Allen, Supervisor - (505) 768-3076