Bus Routes & Schedules
- See bus locations in real time with Where's my Bus?
- Get real-time bus location information with our iPhone app.
- For immediate bus-schedule information, use TXT2RIDE application.
Effective Date: Saturday, May 14, 2016
Route #790-Rapid Ride/ Blue Line
Weekdays: Change to less frequent summer schedule while UNM is on Summer Break.
Effective Date: Friday, June 3, 2016
Route #66-Central (“66 Late Night”)
Friday & Saturday nights: Late Night service on route 66 will start on Friday, June 3rd and run through Saturday, September 17th.
ABQ RIDE Routes
- Use the system map to find the route number you need. (To return to this window, hit the "Back" button on your browser.)
- For the Route you are interested in, select either the "Weekday", "Saturday" or "Saturday and Sunday" choices to view the schedule.
For example, say you live on San Mateo near Montgomery and you would like to travel to the VA Hospital. You are going to want to take Route 140/141 San Mateo. Download the Route 140/141 Guide, print it, and follow along.
- Look on the route map to find the intersection nearest where you want to catch the bus. Check the time schedule for that intersection. If there is no exact time for your intersection plan on being at your stop at least five minutes before the time for the intersection prior to yours.
Route 140/141 has a time point at San Mateo and Montgomery (letter E on the route schedule).
- Now look on the route map to find the intersection nearest where you want to get off the bus.
The San Mateo bus stops at the VA Hospital (letter I on the route schedule).
- Look across the column of arrival times at the VA Hospital to find the time closest to when you want to arrive. Always read timetables from left to right, and be sure you are headed in the right direction on that schedule (East / West or North / South).
Let's say you have an appointment at 11 a.m. The bus arrives at the VA Hospital at 10:49 a.m., giving you a little time to get inside and check in.
- Now, look back across the column of arrival times until you come to the timepoint nearest the intersection (San Mateo and Montgomery, letter E) where you want to catch the bus. In this case, you would need to board the #140/141 bus at 10:29 a.m. - but be sure to be at your stop a little early.
Weekday & Weekend Service
Some routes do not run at all on weekends. Those that do usually have different schedules from weekdays. For routes that do run on weekends, the schedule is generally different for Saturday and Sunday. Each route schedule will indicate whether it is weekday or Saturday or Sunday service, so be sure to look on the correct schedule to get the correct times.
Some routes provide commuter service in the morning and afternoon commuter peaks, or rush hours, only. Route times vary, but most of these routes operate between about 6 and 9 a.m., and again between about 4 and 6 p.m. Commuter routes have fewer stops than other routes, and only stop at bus stops marked with a red "Commuter" sign.
Local routes provide service through most of the day. Exact times vary, but most of these routes operate between about 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., and some run later. Local routes have stops about every two blocks. Some route schedules vary throughout the day, so check the route schedule for exact times.
* These routes are funded by Rio Metro.