Shakespeare on the Plaza
Shakespeare on the Plaza 2017
Every Thursday - Sunday from June 9 - July 2
Civic Plaza shows starting at 7:30 p.m. with pre-show entertainment at 6 p.m.
Civic Plaza is a delightful place to spend a summer night and Thursdays-Sundays from June 9 - July 2 it will be enchanted with the free public theatre program, Shakespeare on the Plaza! A collaboration of the City of Albuquerque and The Vortex Theatre present Macbeth and Comedy of Errors during the Summer of 2017, with shows starting at 7:30 p.m. Be there as classical theatre clashes with urban Downtown Albuquerque. Come early and enjoy pre-show entertainment starting at 6 p.m. while grabbing a bite from a local food truck and celebrate the end of the work day or week with a cocktail.
Information about Shakespeare on the Plaza can also be found here.
All shows will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 9 - Comedy of Errors
- Saturday, June 10 - Macbeth
- Sunday, June 11 - Comedy of Errors
- Thursday, June 15 - Macbeth
- Friday, June 16 - Macbeth
- Saturday, June 17 - Comedy of Errors
- Sunday, June 18 - Comedy of Errors
- Thursday, June 22 - Comedy of Errors
- Friday, June 23 - Macbeth
- Saturday, June 24 - Macbeth
- Sunday, June 25 - Comedy of Errors
- Thursday, June 29 - Macbeth
- Friday June 30 - Comedy of Errors
- Saturday July 1 - Comedy of Errors
- Sunday, July 2 - Macbeth
Seating is provided, along with concessions, pre-show entertainment, theatrical lighting and sound, and a fully-costumed play of roughly two hours length. It's real theatre.
Take the Stage
National Scenic Design Competition
Come early to enjoy the concession stand and the hi-jinks before every show, starting at 6 p.m. Stay tuned for more information.
Albuquerque Civic Plaza is in the heart of historic Downtown, at 5th Street and Marquette Ave NW between City Hall and the Convention Center.
Paid parking is available immediately beneath the plaza, and free parking is available in the area.