Shakespeare on the Plaza
Shakespeare on the Plaza 2016
Shakespeare on the Plaza is back...and it’s FREE! The City of Albuquerque and the Vortex Theatre have joined forces to present Much Ado About Nothing and The Tempest from June 9-July 3 with Thursday-Sunday shows at 7:30 p.m. Civic Plaza will set the scene for this summer’s festival when classical theatre merges with urban downtown Albuquerque. Come early and enjoy preshow entertainment while grabbing a bite from a local food truck and relax with a cocktail (bar on Fridays and Saturdays only). Get the details and schedules at CultureABQ.com or call 311.
All shows will start at 7:30
- Thursday June 9 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Friday June 10 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Saturday June 11 – The Tempest
- Sunday June 12 – The Tempest
- Thursday June 16 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Friday June 17 – The Tempest
- Saturday June 18 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Sunday June 19 – The Tempest
- Thursday June 23 – The Tempest
- Friday June 24– Much Ado about Nothing
- Saturday June 25 – The Tempest
- Sunday June 26 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Thursday June 30 – The Tempest
- Friday July 1 – The Tempest
- Saturday July 2 – Much Ado about Nothing
- Sunday July 3 – Much Ado about Nothing
Albuquerque Civic Plaza is in the heart of historic Downtown, at 5th and Marquette NW between City Hall and the Convention Center. The theatre is on the north side of the Plaza, off Marquette.
Paid parking is available immediately beneath the plaza, and free parking is available in the area.
Seating is provided, along with concessions, pre-show entertainment, theatrical lighting and sound, and a fully-costumed play of roughly two hours length. It's real theatre.
Full time security is on hand throughout the show and after When you relax into the play, Civic Plaza is a lovely place to be on a summer night.
Come early, enjoy concession stand, and enjoy the hijinks. Stay tuned for more information.