- Wednesday - Saturday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Closed Mondays, Tuesdays and City holidays.
The City of Albuquerque's Cultural Services Department is pleased to offer you and your organization the opportunity to hold your event in the KiMo Theatre, a truly unique facility.
The KiMo Theatre is available for rental by any individual or organization with a Performing Arts or Educational purpose, as well as some commercial functions.
Maximum Auditorium seating capacity: 660, includes 20 wheelchair and companion spaces
Maximum Dressing room capacity: 40 persons, in 5 dressing rooms
Stage size: 28' deep x 38' wide x 18' hi.
Grid height: 27ft. There is no fly-loft
Orchestra Pit: 14' x 38' x 8'
- Lobby food service area with serving counter, refrigerators and ice machine.
- On-site Ticket Office.
- ETC lighting system: 130+ Source IV instruments and 192 dimmers, 2 Phoebus HMI followspots, 4 Martin 918 moving lights, ETC Ion Console
- Electro-Voice Line-Array sound system, with M7CL 48 Channel Digital and/or LS9 32 Channel Digital Consoles
- Hearing Impaired system, ClearCom intercom, Lobby TV video.
- Christie 2k Cinema projector
- Stewart Fimlscreen 14' x 33+'
- Commercial grade Pioneer Blu-ray player (NTSC & PAL)
Some Film Projection (35mm) equipment by special arrangement only
- Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- The KiMo Theatre is an 80+ year old Registered Historic Landmark originally built for small vaudeville acts and silent movies.
- The stage area was structurally damaged by a fire in 1960 and has been only partially repaired.
- Several other areas of the building have not yet been renovated.
Due to these physical realities presenting some events here may not be possible.
Most of our limitations are outlined in the various sections and pages below, please review them carefully to help prevent unnecessary delays in your event preparations.
It is not possible to inquire about dates for your event too soon, and preferably at least 6 to 12 months before the proposed event.
The KiMo Theatre's rental availability is, "first come - first served". The KiMo is a popular venue and our event calendar can fill up quickly.
Most weekend or especially desirable dates are already filled a full year in advance.
If you have not already contacted our Production Manager to inquire about dates for your event, please do so at (505) 768-3554.
If the KiMo is available for your event you will be asked to submit a Rental Request Form.
Sign up for our email list