Saturday guests can expect candy, games, animals and more.
October 25, 2013
The Zoo is making final preparations for the 25th Annual Zoo Boo on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. #ZooBoo25 is presented by the City of Albuquerque, Univision Radio, KISS 97.3 and title sponsor Credit World Superstore.
Zoo Boo activities are included with general admission and four children in costume get in free with one paying adult. There is free park and ride from the Aquarium/Garden to the Zoo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
"We're setting up games, printing the trick-or-treat maps and prepping the candy," said Maryann Torrez, BioPark special events manager. "The weather forecast is wonderful and we're expecting a great crowd of costumed kids and adults."
Zoo Boo by the Numbers
- 5 hours of candy, games, music and fun
- 30 games and activities in the Park and Backyard Boo
- 300,000+ pieces of candy given out at 38 different booths throughout the Zoo
- 6 Kids' Costume Contests (Baby Boo, Cutest, Best Boy Costume, Best Girl Costume, Funniest and Scariest)
- 9 "zoo babies" and 1,200+ zoo animals (not counting the fish and bugs!)
--Jazmine, the new elephant calf will be out from 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
--Chopper the rhino celebrates his first birthday next Wednesday.
--Look for the giraffe calf (Abiquiu), the baby orangutan (Pixel), the kangaroo joeys(Whyalla, Peanut and Milla) and the snow leopard cubs (Kira and Trini).
- Thousands of dollars raised for Education scholarships
- More than 250 staff, sponsors and volunteers ready to hand out candy, lead games and help you have a fun Halloween!
Zoo Boo wouldn't be possible without tremendous support from volunteers and community sponsors. A special thanks to all of our partners, including Wal-Mart, courtesy of Kellogg's, who are donating all the treats, and event co-sponsors Cricket Wireless, First Financial Credit Union, U Pull and Pay, and Reliable Automotive.
Additional Halloween season activities at the BioPark include the Creeping, Crawling and Carnivorous Show now through Nov. 3 at the Botanic Garden and underwater pumpkin carving on Oct. 31 at the Aquarium.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 311 locally (505-768-2000).