- Meet the only Tasmanian wombats in the United States.
- Walk through a free-flight exhibit of fluttering budgerigars.
- Watch koalas and tree kangaroos in Koala Creek.
- Enter the cave in Koala Creek to find more animals from down under, including snakes and fish.
- Feed the lorikeets during summer.
And be sure to hop over to see the red kangaroos at Cat Walk.
The Australia exhibit takes guests on a trip through the outback to see some of the continent's most iconic creatures, including koalas, kookaburras and kangaroos.
- Take a "BioPark Backstage" tour of Australiaeet koala Luke, then come face to face with Otto the wombat.
- Learn about the Zoo's newest arrivals... Tasmanian devils.
Our Actions Matter
Although Australia's animals have adapted to a unique climate, they are threatened by habitat loss and fragmentation. You can help save Australian wildlife by making simple choices:
- Recycle and reduce the demand for natural resources like trees and precious metals. Recycling can lessen the damage to Australian landscapes caused by logging and mining.
- Support sustainable agriculture by purchasing products grown with responsible methods.
- Become a Zoo Parent to support Australian species care, animal enrichment and conservation programs at the BioPark.
View slideshow on Flickr.