Ride the Thunderbird Express around the Zoo.
To travel between the Zoo, Aquarium & Botanic Garden, board the Rio Line.
The Zoo Train, also known as the Thunderbird Express, loops around the Zoo. Conductors give a tour and answer questions as the train passes the Africa exhibits, elephants, camels and more.
Hop on the Thunderbird Express at the Africa Station.
Ride the Thunderbird Express with one of the following tickets:
- Zoo Train Ticket - Purchase at the "Out of Africa" Gift Shop, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. $2 for adults (13+) and $1 for children (3-12).
- Member Train Ticket - A wristband available to BioPark Members for $2 per person (ages 3+) from cashiers at the Zoo or Aquarium entrance, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Good for unlimited rides that day.
- Journey lasts 20 minutes.
- Operates at 30-minute intervals from 10:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays.
- On summer Saturdays and Sundays, the Thunderbird Express runs until 4:45 p.m.