Ride the Rio Line between the Zoo and the Aquarium & Botanic Garden.
For a conductor-led tour of the Zoo, board the Thunderbird Express at the Zoo Africa Station.
The BioPark Train, also known as the Rio Line, travels 1.5 miles along the Rio Grande bosque to connect the Aquarium & Botanic Garden with the Zoo. Wave to the anglers and walkers as you chug past Tingley Beach.
Ride the Rio Line with one of the following tickets:
- BioPark Combo Ticket.
- Member Train Ticket - A wristband available to BioPark Members for $2 per person (ages 3+) from cashiers at the Zoo or Aquarium entrance, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Good for unlimited rides that day.
- Train-ride-only tickets are not available.
- Zoo's Asia Train Station
- Aquarium & Botanic Garden Train Station
- Journey between facilities takes 30 minutes; round-trip takes 60 minutes.
- Spring and Fall - Operates in 30-minute intervals from 10:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Tuesdays though Sundays.
- Summer - Operates in 30-minute intervals from 10:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Tuesdays though Fridays. On Saturdays and Sundays in summer, the Rio Line runs until 4:45 p.m.
- Winter - Operates in 60-minute intervals from approximately 10:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays.