Tingley Beach is regularly stocked by the NM Department of Game and Fish.
Report violations of wildlife laws to Operation Game Thief.
- Website: www.wildlife.state.nm.us
- Telephone: (800) 432-4263
You can remain anonymous. Rewards are offered for information leading to criminal charges.
Catch & Release
For information on effective catch and release practices the Tingley Beach Curator Office: (505) 248-8514.
Tingley Beach South Pond is designated as a Quality Water of the State of New Mexico.
Information about state Quality Waters is available from the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish's Fishing Regulations.
Free copies of state Fishing Regulation guidelines also are available at Tingley Outfitters located inside the Tingley Station.
Enjoy the clear skies this season by fishing at Tingley Beach.
- Catfish fishing in the Children's Central Ponds has been slow. Anglers using chicken livers and "stink bait" report the best results.
- No reports from the South/Catch and Release Pond.
- Ponds are stocked with catfish for the summer months. Remember, catfish feed by smell, so try baits with fish-luring odors.
- There are algae blooms in all of the fishing ponds at Tingley Beach. Attempts to remove the excess algae will continue.