Tingley Beach is regularly stocked by the NM Department of Game and Fish.
Report violations of wildlife laws to Operation Game Thief.
- Website: www.wildlife.state.nm.us
- Telephone: (800) 432-4263
You can remain anonymous. Rewards are offered for information leading to criminal charges.
Catch & Release
For information on effective catch and release practices the Tingley Beach Curator Office: (505) 248-8514.
Tingley Beach South Pond is designated as a Quality Water of the State of New Mexico.
Information about state Quality Waters is available from the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish's Fishing Regulations.
Free copies of state Fishing Regulation guidelines also are available at Tingley Outfitters located inside the Tingley Station.
Enjoy the turning autumn leaves this season by fishing at Tingley Beach.
- Fishing continues to be very good in the Children's and Central Ponds.
- The rainbow trout that are stocked at Tingley Beach are reared at hatcheries, but they behave just like wild fish. They are predators that eat a variety of food: PowerBait, homemade dough bait, salmon eggs and Pistol Pete's.
- In the South/Catch and Release Pond, anglers report success catching larger trout with wooly buggers, bunny leeches, egg patterns and small midge patterns.