Wedding policies and guidelines
- Wedding reservations are accepted eleven months in advance and scheduled for a maximum of three hours in the evening only, May through September. Call the Events Coordinator at (505) 848-7115 for more information and to reserve a space.
- Daytime wedding ceremonies are also available.
- All catering, food service, liquor service, chairs, tables, podiums, altars, etc. must be provided by A Taste of the Wild catering services. No outside food or beverage is permitted.
- To reserve a facility, a contract must be completed and signed. A 50 percent non-refundable deposit is due two weeks after booking the area. The balance of your fee and a separate damage deposit of $250 are due 30 days prior to the event. The damage deposit is returned two weeks after the event, providing there is no damage to the venue.
- Your facility rental includes a rehearsal for the ceremony. All rehearsals are scheduled by appointment only — call (505) 848-7115 — and need to be scheduled no later than one month prior to the wedding date.
- Facility rental also includes general parking and admission for the wedding party and all guests during the reserved time. We ask that the wedding party provide a host or hostess at the entrance to greet the guests and direct them to the ceremony.
- The wedding party and their guests, musicians, florists, photographers etc. will not be admitted to the BioPark before the scheduled time. The three hours you have reserved is the only time your wedding party will have free access to the BioPark.
- BioPark wedding bookings are non-refundable, rain or shine. There are no refunds because of inclement weather. Facilities are out doors and there are no dressing rooms available.
- The BioPark does not provide staff, carts, hand trucks or extension cords.
- Wedding photos may be taken during the three-hour rental. Otherwise, photos taken during regular BioPark hours will require regular admission for the entire wedding party. It is suggested you visit the facility the week of your ceremony to make decisions about photography locations.
- For the protection of the natural wildlife and plants at the BioPark, we do not permit rice, birdseed, confetti, potted plants, glass, balloons, faux rose petals, pets or other animals. No items may be attached to anything in the gardens. Nails, staples, wire, pins and tacks are not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought on grounds, and all containers are subject to search prior to entering the BioPark.