Hundreds of animals & decorative flowers make the BioPark perfect for your birthday!
- Birthday Party at the Zoo.
- Zoo-It-Yourself Birthday Party.
- Do-it-yourself birthday at the Aquarium, Botanic Garden or Tingley Beach.
- Birthday Party at the Aquarium.
- Frequently Asked Questions
A Taste of the Wild Catering
Zoo: (505) 848-7123 or (505) 248-8554
Aquarium: (505) 848-7182
Book your birthday party package through A Taste of the Wild Catering.
Birthday Party at the Zoo
starts at $365
- Admission for 8 children and 1 adult.
- 3-hour reserved area at our Frescas Pavilion. Available times are from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 - 5 p.m.
- Tables and chairs with zoo-themed 8" plates, cups, napkins, forks and knives.
- 8-inch personalized ice cream cake.
- 8 kid souvenir bags with hotdog or corndog, chips, jungle cookies and an animal sipper.
- Party host helps facilitate party (contact for more details).
- Additional children cost $17 each.
To book your reservation, please call (505) 248-8544 or (505) 848-7123.
- Host your own small birthday celebration during regular business hours (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Ticket booths are open until one half-hour before closing. Buy tickets online anytime.
- Each member of the party must pay regular admission to enter. Group rates are not available for do-it-yourself birthday parties.
- No outside catering allowed.
- Do-it-yourself birthdays with no catering do not require a reservation.
- Celebrations may take place in areas open to picnicking, such as Cottonwood Park.
- Reserve an area in the Cottonwood Cafe dining room or patio. $150 space charge. Table and chair rental available:
- Plastic white chairs: $2.25 + tax
- 8 ft. Banquet table: $15 + tax (includes black linen)
- 60 inch round table: $15 + tax (includes black linen)
- Set up fee: $95 (additional fee for parties of more than 50)
You can also host a do-it-yourself birthday at the Aquarium, Botanic Garden or Tingley Beach. Celebrations can take place in areas open to picnicking such as the Botanic Garden's Festival Green, the plaza in front of the Aquarium and grassy areas at Tingley Beach. Please remember that no food or drinks are allowed inside the Aquarium.
Enjoy your birthday party next to the fishes at the Shark Reef Cafe!
- Limited to 25 people in the Shark Reef Cafe.
- Food must be purchased for the entire group. Order from a limited or full menu.
- Reserve a space for one-and-a-half hours. Available times are from 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and from 2:30 - 4 p.m.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance.
- Parties are responsible for bringing cake, ice cream and plate ware for dessert. 8-inch ice cream cakes are available for purchase ($25, serves 8 guests). Plate ware for cake service will be provided for an additional $20.
- A refundable damage deposit of $150 is required and can be applied to the final bill if no damage is done. Parties that do not purchase food will be charged a $150 space charge plus the $150 deposit.
- Admission is not included, but can be purchased from ticket booths or online.
To make your reservation, please call the Shark Reef Cafe at (505) 848-7182.
- Can we bring food or cake on ground? Yes, you are allowed to bring in food and drinks. No glass bottles or containers are allowed. We also offer a variety of food and drinks at our concession stands.
- Can we bring balloons, confetti, streamers, etc? No. Balloons, confetti, streamers, bouncy balls and other small plastic toys are prohibited.
For the safety of animals and other visitors, please leave balloons, pinatas, glitter, paint, Frisbees, balls of any kind, alcohol and noise makers at home -- they are prohibited.
Be mindful of your trash. Make sure it ends up in our trashcans and recycling bins or safely back in your vehicle.