All single admission tickets are discounted.
April 29, 2013
The ABQ BioPark will host its spring Half-Price Weekend this Saturday and Sunday, Apr. 20 & 21. Special Saturday events include Earth Day and Children's Seed Festival. The facilities are open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; ticket booths close at 4:30 p.m.
All single admission tickets will be half-off:
- NM citizens can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $4.50 per adult and $2.25 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Out-of-state visitors can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $6.25 per adult and $2.75 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Children under 3 are always free.
"With good weather in the forecast and an impressive line-up of events, it's a perfect weekend for our Half-Price Weekend," said Rick Janser, BioPark Director. "We hope lots of people turn out to celebrate Earth Day with us on Saturday or come for a relaxing family outing on Sunday."
Weekend guests can enjoy a variety of events, included with admission:
- On Saturday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., learn about our planet and how our actions matter during Earth Day at the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden and Tingley Beach.
- Join us in the Children's Fantasy Garden for the 10th Annual Children's Seed Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Learn how to bait, cast and catch fish with Free Fly-Fishing Lessons for Kids on Saturday from 9a.m.-1 p.m. at Tingley Beach. (Anyone older than 12 years must have a valid NM fishing license to fish.)
- Check out the new Amphibian Mosaic Mural at the Zoo either day. It will be in Cottonwood Cafe until it is installed at the Amphibian exhibit.
- Take in the Spring Pastels Show at the Botanic Garden from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
- Enjoy feedings at the Aquarium or special daily activities at the Zoo either day.
Half-price admission prices are available from any BioPark cashier from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Apr. 20 & 21. BioPark combo tickets, which include entrance to all three facilities and unlimited train rides, remain regularly priced. Online tickets also remain regularly priced. Half-Price Weekends will also occur on July 20 & 21 and Oct. 19 & 20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 311 locally (505-768-2000).