All single admission tickets sold at the gate are discounted.
January 15, 2013
The ABQ BioPark will host a Half-Price Weekend this Saturday and Sunday, January 19 and 20. Special events include Scales, Scutes & Skins, discovery stations and talks about reptiles and amphibians on Saturday at the Zoo, and the opening of Winter Fire Colors, an indoor flower show at the Botanic Garden. The facilities are open from 9 a.m - 5 p.m.; ticket booths close at 4:30 p.m.
All single admission tickets will be half-off:
- NM citizens can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $4.50 per adult and $2.25 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Out-of-state visitors can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $6.25 per adult and $2.75 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Children under 3 are always free.
"We are excited to be able to offer great indoor family programs for a great price this weekend," said Kathryn Venzor, BioPark Education Curator. "We'll have something for visitors of all ages throughout the entire BioPark, so come down for fun and learning at the Zoo or Aquarium and Botanic Garden."
Weekend guests can enjoy a variety of events, included with admission:
- Learn about reptiles and amphibians at the Zoo's Scales, Scutes and Skins event from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday only.
- Watch Seal & Sea Lion Feeding at 10:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m. and Polar Bear Feeding at 2:30 p.m. at the Zoo.
- See Aquarium divers feed animals in the Coral Reef Tank at 11:30 a.m. and in the Shark Tank at 2 p.m.
- Enjoy the Winter Fire Colors Show at the Botanic Garden from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (continues through Feb. 24)
Half-price admission rates are available from any BioPark cashier from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 19 and 20. BioPark combo tickets, which include entrance to all three facilities and unlimited train rides, remain regularly priced. Online tickets also remain regularly priced.
Half-Price Weekends will occur four times in 2013: Jan. 19 & 20, Apr. 20 & 21, July 20 & 21, and Oct. 19 & 20. For more information, email email@example.com or dial 311 locally (505-768-2000).