Visit the BioPark for fun weekend activities.
October 14, 2013
The ABQ BioPark will host Half-Price Weekend on October 19 and 20. Special weekend events include Creeping Crawling & Carnivorous, Wolf Awareness Days, Fall Fiesta of Flowers, and Train Tracks in your Garden.
- All single admission tickets will be half-off:
- NM citizens can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $4.50 per adult and $2.25 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Out-of-state visitors can visit the Zoo or Aquarium & Botanic Garden for $6.25 per adult and $2.75 per senior (65+) and $2 per child (3-12).
- Children under 3 are always free.
"The BioPark holds many wonderful events and demonstrations during the fall," said Rick Janser, BioPark Director. "If you want to get out of the house, experience the changing season or spend time with visiting relatives, the BioPark offers something fun and educational for everyone."
Weekend guests can enjoy a variety of events, included with admission:
- Preview the future BUGarium at the Botanic Garden's Creeping, Crawling & Carnivorous Show from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Howl with the lobos during Wolf Awareness Days at the Zoo from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Learn about Aldo Leopold at a special Brown Bag Seminar on Oct. 19 from 11 a.m. - noon.
- See Aquarium divers feed animals at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. in the Coral Reef Tanks and at 2 p.m. in the Shark Tank.
- Enjoy Fall Fiesta of Flowers displays throughout the BioPark from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Watch Seal & Sea Lion Feeding at 10:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m. and Polar Bear Feeding at 2:30 p.m.
- Visit special miniature train setups during the Train Tracks in your Garden Show from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Chug-a-chug-a-choo-choo!
Half-price admission prices are available from any BioPark cashier from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 19 and 20. BioPark combo tickets, which include entrance to all three facilities and unlimited train rides, remain regularly priced. Online tickets also remain regularly priced. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 311 locally (505-768-2000).