Earth Day at the ABQ BioPark
04/17/2017 - The ABQ BioPark celebrates Earth Day with special activities from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. daily on April 19-22.
"We'll offer rich learning experiences that explore how our actions matter to plants, animals and the ecosystem, in our backyard and around the world," said Cheri Vogel, ABQ BioPark curator of education.
Wednesday, April 19, at the Aquarium
- Animal feeding in the Ocean tank and animal encounters at the touch pools
- Conservation and education information for endangered species, sustainable seafood, the plastic plague and the Rio Grande
Thursday, April 20, at the Zoo
- Story time, animal feedings and zookeeper chats
- Hands-on animal discovery stations and enrichment making stations
- Education on how everyday actions impact animal habitats around the world
Friday, April 21, at Tingley Beach
- Wildlife discovery stations, bird identification and duck feedings
- Meetings with fish conservation experts
Saturday, April 22, at the Botanic Garden
- Children's Seed Festival with face painting, story time, flower seed ball making and more
- Earth Day in the Garden with worm composting, information on plants and irrigation and, of course, crafts.
Events are included with regular admission.