BioPark Summertime Activities Now Open
From Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, visitors to the ABQ BioPark can enjoy extended hours and special summer activities. Perennial favorites, like Giraffe Feeding, Lorikeet Feeding and the PNM Butterfly Pavilion, return this year. New this summer, Zoo guests can take a thrilling ride on the Zoo Zipline and look for new animals on exhibit, including American alligators and a baby Sichuan takin.
"Summer is our busiest season, and thanks to our Education Volunteers and the NM BioPark Society, we're able to offer lots of extras for visitors," said Rick Janser, ABQ BioPark Director. "When our staff got to try out the new zipline yesterday, everybody had a great time. Now, we know what it feels like to be a bird flying through the trees! It will be fun to see families enjoying the rides and special experiences together."
Extended weekend hours start tomorrow. The Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden stay open until 6 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day) from May 24 - Sept. 1
Throughout the BioPark
Throughout the BioPark
- Nature Guide Discovery Stations - June 2 - 29 and July 7 - 25, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., included with admission.
At the Zoo
- Meet the zoo’s newest baby, a Sichuan takin, on exhibit near the zebras.
- Giraffe Feeding - May 24 - Sept. 1, Wednesday - Sunday, 12 - 1:30 p.m., $2. (Closed May 28 & 29 for construction.)
- Lorikeet Feedings - May 24 - Sept. 1, Wednesdays - Sunday, 10 - 11 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m., $2 for a cup of nectar. (Video - if Greg has it ready?)
- Animal Encounters Show - May 29 - Sept. 1, Wednesday - Sunday, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., included with admission.
- Story Time at the Zoo in Africa - Thursdays, 10:30 a.m., included with admission.
- Zoo Zipline - May 23 - Sept. 1, Thursday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Saturday - Sunday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., $8 per ride.
At the Botanic Garden
- PNM Butterfly Pavilion - May 23 - Oct. 12, daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., included with admission.
- Story Time at the Garden - Fridays, 10:30 a.m., included with admission.
- Old Thyme Music at Heritage Farm - Saturdays, July 12-August 30, details TBA.
At the Aquarium
- Divers in the tank throughout the day.
- Look for invertebrates or pet a shark in one of the Touchpools (as volunteer schedules allow)
At Tingley Beach
- Pedal Boats - Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., May 24 - Aug. 10. Saturday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., May 24 - Sept. 1. $10-14.
Other Notable Summer Events