Add to Calendar
Sample the smells, sounds and tastes of the fall harvest at the Botanic Garden's Heritage Farm on Oct. 12 and 13.
WhenOct 12, 2013 09:30 AM - Oct 13, 2013 03:30 PM
You don't need to leave town to visit a farm this weekend! Come to the Botanic Garden's Heritage Farm for the ninth annual Cider Festival.
Find out how apple cider is made and sample fresh cider pressed on-site.during the event, so you can enjoy the sweet flavor of autumn at home.
Schedule of Events
Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Discovery stations
- Samples & sales: Apple cider, apple cider vinegar and more!
- Demonstrations in the Farmhouse
- Live music
About the Apples
Here are some of the apples we grow at the Heritage Farm:
- Red Rome - a mildly sweet apple good for eating, baking and cooking. Our best crop ever!
- MacIntosh - a sweet eating apple with a mild flavor. Also good for apple sauces.
- Idared - a tart apple good for apple sauces, pies, and cakes. Limited quantities.
- Golden Delicious - sweet, crisp, juicy. A favorite eating apple. Limited quantities.