STEM Educator Training in Project Based Learning
Join the ABQ BioPark and United States Naval Academy STEM Center
This event has already happened.Sep 30, 2016 05:00 PM - Oct 01, 2016 08:00 PM
2601 Central Ave NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
This event takes place Friday, Sept. 30 (5-8 p.m.) and Saturday Oct. 1 (full day).
Discover practical & engaging methodology for teaching science, technology, engineering & math through project based learning.
- US Naval Academy experts flying in to NM to teach this class
- Workshop is designed to build on knowledge base from previous Sea Perch Workshop or as an introduction for those new to the program.
- SeaPerch: Introduction & extensions to building an underwater remotely-operated vehicle
- What About Water: Hands-on activities to investigate properties of water
- Sensing Your Surroundings: Sensors to explore the environment
- Corrosion in Action: Understand real world applications
- Wave Engineering: Dive into sound, light and ocean waves
- Engineering Design Challenge: Test your skills
Sept 30 - 5-8 p.m.
- Intro, SeaPerch Skill set Review and Speed Build
- 8:30 a.m.: Intro and Objectives
- 9-10 a.m.: What about Water - Chemical and Physical Properties of Water
- 10:15-11 a.m.: Sensing Your Surroundings - Sensors and the Environment
- 11am-noon: Corrosion in Action
- Noon: Lunch
- 12:45-2 p.m.: Wave Engineering - (Sound, Light and Tsunami)
- 2-3:30 p.m.: Engineering Design Challenge
There is no cost for this workshop. All expense are under written by the US Naval Academy. Travel is not included. ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, SPACE IS LIMITED. For more information on registration contact: email@example.com
All supplies provided.
Dial 311 (505-768-2000)