Add to Calendar
Learn how you can help plants and animals around the world this Earth Day.
Visit the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden and Tingley Beach to learn how our actions matter when it comes to helping animals and plants.
Discovery stations and hands-on activities will be available at all facilities. Activities will also include keeper talks and special demonstrations.
Ride your bike to Earth Day, cut your carbon footprint and get a discount on admission! BikeABQ, the New Mexico Touring Society and the Bicycle Coalition of New Mexico will offer a bike parking area at the Zoo and Aquarium/Garden. Cyclists receive a ticket to reclaim their bike and redeem their $1 discount. The bicycle valet service will be open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
At the Aquarium, go on one of two tours of the Aquatic Conservation Facility (ACF). Meet on the Main Plaza at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. for the 60-minute behind-the-scenes look at the Aquarium's ACF! Guests can also enjoy a (Coral Reef, 10:30 a.m.), a Sea Turtles Q&A (Shark Tank, 1 p.m.) and a Shark Feeding and Q&A (Shark Tank, 2 p.m.). Touchpools will also be open from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Live Music - Terry Clemens and Friends (10 a.m. - noon)
- Live Music - Jenny Wren (noon - 2 p.m.)
- Sheep Shearing Demo (Heritage Farm, 10 a.m. - noon)
At the Zoo, the seasonal Animal Encounters Show begins. Guests can see the show at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Zoo visitors can also look forward to many other activities:
- Live Music - Sage Harrington (10 a.m. - noon)
- Seal and Sea Lions narrated feeding (10:30 a.m.)
- Elephant Q&A (Elephants, 11 a.m.)
- Monkey Q&A (Tropical America, 11 a.m.)
- Wombat Q&A (Australia, 11:30 a.m.)
- Reptiles Q&A (Cottonwood Park, 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
- Live Music - Breaking Blue (noon - 2 p.m.)
- Gorillas & Orangutans Q&A (Ape Walk, 12 p.m.)
- Rhinos Q&A (Africa Amphitheater, 12:30 p.m.)
- Training Q&A (Elephants, 1 p.m.)
- Chimps Q&A (Africa, 1 p.m.)
- Polar Bear Feeding Q&A (Polar Bears, 1:30 p.m.)
- Amphibians Q&A (Cottonwood Park, 2 p.m.)
At Tingley Beach, enjoy free fishing instructions (9 a.m. - 1 p.m.), the model boat pond, walking paths and bosque wildlife. Tingley Beach is free and open from sunrise to sunset.
Join us for Earth Day for half the cost. (And save an extra $1 if you ride your bike!)
The events fall on one of the BioPark's Half-Price Weekends when single admission tickets to the Zoo or Aquarium-Botanic Garden are 50 percent off.