Planning your Visit
What to bring
- Be sure to bring your sunscreen and a hat for the many outdoor exhibits at the BioPark.
- You're welcome to bring a cooler, food (as long as it is not catered), umbrellas and chairs or blankets to sit on.
Do not bring
- Glass containers, pets, alcohol, toys, sports equipment, beverage lids, straws, radios, CD or MP3 players and grills are prohibited.
- Allow 2-3 hours to see all the exhibits at the zoo. Total walking distance is 2.25 miles.
- It also takes about 2-3 hours to walk through the 1.5 miles at the Aquarium and Botanic Garden.
If you have a disability and require special assistance when you visit the BioPark, please call 505-768-2000 or 311 (Relay NM or 711), preferably with three days advance notice.
Wheelchairs are available at the Jungle Wheels shop at the Zoo or the Shark Reef Cafe on the main plaza at the Aquarium for $7 for an all-day rental. Wheelchairs are traditional models. The BioPark does not have electric wheelchairs or carts available for rental.
Wheelchairs are available on a very limited basis, first-come, first-served. To ensure your comfort during your visit, we strongly recommend that you bring your own wheelchair.