An appointment is required to preview the facilities. Please call (505) 848-7115 to schedule. If you visit without an appointment, you will be charged general admission.
Events must be catered by our catering service, Taste of the Wild. No outside food or catering service may be brought in.
The BioPark Facilities may not be rented for fundraisers.
BioPark Events Coordinator
These rules and regulations are in place for rental of the BioPark Aquarium, Botanic Garden, and Zoo.
Entities wishing to book the BioPark must read and comply with all of these rules and regulations, which will also be supplied in writing with the catering contract.
- All events, including after-hours events, are scheduled for a maximum of three hours. Early check-in and set-up times for all events must be pre-arranged with the Events Coordinator at least 72 hours in advance.
- Except for the Aquarium, all facilities are outdoors; there is no back-up site.
- Facility rental includes parking and admissions to the BioPark. Entrance for BioPark visitors will be through the front entrance only and a wristband or equivalent form of admission will be required. All containers are subject to search prior to entering BioPark facilities.
- All catering and food service requirements must be provided by Taste of the Wild catering service. No outside food or beverage is permitted. The BioPark provides a catering coordinator for your event, who will coordinate all your food, beverage and entertainment needs. During your event, an Event Coordinator, City of Albuquerque Security, and other BioPark personnel will assist your group with guest entry and exit, facility information and animal exhibits. The BioPark does not provide staff or carts, hand trucks, etc., to move equipment.
- All animal exhibits at the Zoo close at 8 p.m. or dusk. Because of the sensitivity of the koalas, this exhibit is not open for special events. Exhibits are subject to change without notice. It is your responsibility to inform your guests about the hours the animals are on display for your event, food serving time, and entrance and exit times.
- The content of all printed material relating to the event — including invitations, programs and any other promotional material — is subject to BioPark approval. Such material must be submitted to the Event Coordinator for review and approval at least one month prior to the event.
- Children must be supervised at all times. Shirts and shoes are required at all BioPark facilities. The BioPark does not permit selling or giving out items without approval by the Events Coordinator, such as food, T-shirts, hats, and services.
- The following items are not permitted on BioPark grounds because they have been proven harmful to the animals, plants and environment: balloons, kites, fireworks, radios or electronic equipment, firearms, outdoor recreational equipment (baseballs, volleyballs, Frisbees, soccer balls, roller blades, Heelys, bicycles, scooters, etc.). This is not an inclusive list. All items brought in are subject to inspection and exclusion by BioPark Staff.
- The BioPark requires that nothing be posted, nailed, screwed, staked or attached to the walls, trees, exhibits, buildings, furniture or grass areas. Promotional signs and banners can be displayed in limited areas. The Event Coordinator can assist you in choosing the best location for these displays. All materials must be removed immediately following the event. The BioPark is not responsible for any materials or equipment left on BioPark property.
- If liquor is served at an event, it will be restricted to the Event Area. There is an additional charge for liquor, and catering is required. The bar(s) will close 30 minutes before the end of the event. The BioPark staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be intoxicated and cease liquor sales and/or service at any time. No refunds will be issued.