Capture a BioPark moment for this special contest.
How to Enter
- Take photos at the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden or Tingley Beach.
- Enter one digital photo per category between Aug. 1 - Nov. 3, 2013 online at http://www.flickr.com/groups/bioparkcontest13/.
Give your photo a title and in the description, write your name and the category you are entering. Be sure to read the full Contest Rules below.
- Vote for your favorite photos from the 10 finalists posted on our Facebook page from Nov. 8 - 18. Winners will be announced on Nov. 18.
Voting will close at 9 a.m. MST on Nov. 18. Finalists and winners will be notified through Flickr mail. Winning photos will be featured through the ABQ BioPark’s Facebook page, website and BioScape magazine.
- BioPark Babies - photos of the BioPark's newest additions, including the well-known ones (rhino, giraffe, orangutan, snow leopards), lesser-known ones (kangaroos, kingfishers, crocodile skinks, seahorses, caterpillars) and ones we hope to meet soon (elephant)!
- Birds of a Feather - photos of birds from any BioPark facility. Be sure to stop by the new Birds of the Americas exhibit for some colorful exotics and local favorites.
- Bug Out - photos of "bugs" from the Botanic Garden and beyond. (Check out the Butterfly Pavilion, Dragonfly Pond and Creeping, Crawling and Carnivorous Show for photo ops!)
- Colorful Close-Ups -photos featuring the beautiful details of BioPark residents...will you shoot red zinnias, orange clownfish, yellow budgies, green mambas, blue dart frogs, purple bee balm or black siamangs?
- Landscapes - photos with a wide angle view of the BioPark. Tell us a story with your scene!
- Under the Sea - photos of animals underwater at the Aquarium or the Zoo's aquatic exhibits.
For photos with identifiable individuals, you must submit a model release form.
Prizes include annual passes, behind-the-scenes tours and more! Details TBA.
Aug. 1 – Online Photo Contest starts.
Nov. 3 – Last day photos may be entered. (Entries will not be accepted after midnight MST.)
Nov. 8 - 18 – Online voting for your favorite photo. (Voting closes at 9 a.m. MST on Nov. 18.)
Nov. 18 – Winners are announced.
- Photos must have been taken at the ABQ BioPark.
- Photos must have been taken between August 2012 and present.
- Entries with an identifiable person or persons must be accompanied by a model release form (Fill out online or download a pdf and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Photographs must be a minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Each contestant may enter one photo per category. If more than one photo is entered in a category, the first entry will be used. Contestants may enter multiple categories.
- By submitting photos, you give the ABQ BioPark permission to use them. The permission includes, but is not limited to, publication by the BioPark in printed materials, television broadcasts, web sites and internal communications. You will not be compensated for such use. However, where reasonable, we will give you credit for the photos.
- A judging panel will decide the top 10 photos for each category to be posted on Facebook for public voting. The judging panel will also select an overall grand prize winner.
- Current ABQ BioPark staff and their family members may not participate.
- The ABQ BioPark reserves the right to amend all photo contest rules.
Please do NOT enter photos that:
- Were not taken at the ABQ BioPark.
- Are older than one year. (But we'd love for you to )
- You did not take or that are copyrighted by someone else.
- Show nudity, drugs, violence or symbols or acts of hatred.
- Include a watermark or photographer logo.
- Are illegal or prohibited. We reserve the right to disqualify photos.
By entering the contest, you agree to all of the above.
Who can enter?
Anyone! If you are 18 and younger, please ask your parents or guardian for permission to enter. Current ABQ BioPark staff and their family members may not participate.
When do I submit my photo?
Photos will be accepted online Aug. 1 - Nov. 3, 2013.
How many photos can I enter?
One per category, for a MAXIMUM of 6 photos.
How do I submit my photo?
Between Aug. 1 - Nov. 3, 2013, visit http://www.flickr.com/groups/bioparkcontest13/ to enter your photograph. Give your photo a title and include your name and the category in the description. (You need a Flickr account to upload photos and join the group. Joining at the basic level is free.)