Online Photo Contest 2014
How to Enter
- Take photos at the Zoo, Aquarium, Botanic Garden or Tingley Beach.
- Enter one digital photo per category between Sept. 1- Sept 30, 2014 online at https://www.flickr.com/groups/bioparkcontest14/.
Give your photo a title and in the description, write your name and the category you are entering. Be sure to read the full Contest Rules below.
- Vote for your favorite photos from the 10 finalists posted on our Facebook page from October 13-20. Winners will be announced on October 21, 2014.
Voting will close at 9 p.m. MST on Oct. 20. Finalists and winners will be notified through Flickr mail. Winning photos will be featured through the ABQ BioPark’s Facebook page, website and BioScape magazine.
- Family Portraits - photos of the BioPark's newest additions, including the well-known, and lesser-known!
- Big, Bold & Beautiful – photos of the larger scale animals that are more prominent in size at the ABQ BioPark Zoo.
- A Bug's Life - photos of a bug’s life in their habitat or from their point of view from the Botanic Garden and beyond. (Check out the Butterfly Pavilion, Dragonfly Pond and the Botanic Garden for photo ops!)
- Funny Photos – photos capturing any of our animals doing something that makes you smile, laugh or giggle.
- Young Zoo/Wildlife Photographer – For images of animals, or birds taken at the BioPark (Open to young children ages 12 years and under.
- Photo-Synthesis - Show us our plants in their best light.
For photos with identifiable individuals, you must submit a model release form.
- 1 Year Membership to the ABQ BioPark courtesy New Mexico BioPark Society
- Photo published in Bioscape Magazine Winter issue
- Gift certificate to Shark Reef Cafe
- Recognition on ABQ BioPark's social media channels and website
1st Place For Each Category:
- Family Four Pack of tickets to the Biopark.
- Basket of BioPark memorabilia.
Sep. 1, 2014 – Online Photo Contest starts.
Sep. 30, 2014 – Last day photos may be entered. (Entries will not be accepted after midnight MST.)
Oct. 13 - 20 – Online voting for your favorite photo. (Voting closes at 9 p.m. MST on Oct. 20.)
Oct. 21 – Winners are announced.
- Photos must have been taken at the ABQ BioPark.
- Photos must have been taken between August 2013 and present.
- Entries with an identifiable person or persons must be accompanied by a model release form (Fill out online or download a pdf and email back to [email protected]).
- Photographs must be a minimum 300 dpi resolution.
- Each contestant may enter one photo per category. If more than one photo is entered in a category, the first entry will be used. Contestants may enter multiple categories.
- By submitting photos, you give the ABQ BioPark permission to use them. The permission includes, but is not limited to, publication by the BioPark in printed materials, television broadcasts, web sites and internal communications. You will not be compensated for such use. However, where reasonable, we will give you credit for the photos.
- A judging panel will decide the top 10 photos for each category to be posted on Facebook for public voting. The judging panel will also select an overall grand prize winner.
- Current ABQ BioPark staff may not participate.
- The ABQ BioPark reserves the right to amend all photo contest rules.
Please do NOT enter photos that:
- Were not taken at the ABQ BioPark.
- Are older than one year. (But we'd love for you to )
- You did not take or that are copyrighted by someone else.
- Show nudity, drugs, violence or symbols or acts of hatred.
- Include a watermark or photographer logo.
- Are illegal or prohibited. We reserve the right to disqualify photos.
By entering the contest, you agree to all of the above.
Who can enter?
Anyone! If you are 18 and younger, please ask your parents or guardian for permission to enter. Current ABQ BioPark staff and their family members may not participate.
When do I submit my photo?
Photos will be accepted online Sept. 1 - Sept. 30, 2014.
How many photos can I enter?
One per category, for a MAXIMUM of 6 photos.
How do I submit my photo?
Between Sept. 1 - Sept. 30, visit https://www.flickr.com/groups/bioparkcontest14/ to enter your photograph. Give your photo a title and include your name and the category in the description. (You need a Flickr account to upload photos and join the group. Joining at the basic level is free.)